Whenever your favorite social media influencer or podcaster mentions promo codes or encourages you to click a specific link for a special offer, it’s likely the effects of an affiliate program. It’s a name of an internet marketing technique that involves actions not being carried out directly by the company but by independent content creators.
These affiliates play the role of middleman between businesses and consumers. In other words, the company delegates marketing efforts to partners, who earn commissions for the results of their actions.
So if you are creating content for dedicated users, these kinds of programs are an opportunity for additional revenue streams from work you’re already making.
How does it work?
Affiliate marketing is a straightforward process, which involves three parties:
- The company that offers the product or service to be sold by the affiliate.
- The affiliate partner who uses their channels to promote the company’s product or service to consumers.
- The customer who, encouraged by the affiliate, chooses the company’s offer.
In practice, the whole process works something like this:
- The affiliate joins the company’s affiliate marketing program, which describes how sales are attributed (unique promo codes, affiliate links) and what constitutes a payout.
- The affiliate partner promotes the product or service using links or promo codes directed to followers.
- Customers engage with the affiliate’s promotions by clicking links to the affiliate site or redeeming promo codes.
- If a customer buys a product or service, the affiliate partner earns a commission.
Affiliate marketing programs are a win-win model
Affiliate marketing programs can be mutually beneficial both for you and the advertiser. As the affiliate participating in affiliate programs, you can get a high commission, which motivates you to promote the product intensively. At the same time, the advertiser incurs much lower advertising costs because the affiliate is responsible for conducting marketing activities.
It is worth emphasizing that affiliates have virtually unlimited possibilities of action. You can tailor this process to your type of content in many ways. Nobody knows your users better than you, so the biggest challenge is developing a strategy that brings the highest conversion possible.
What are the advantages of an affiliate marketing program?
If you’re already delivering any form of quality content, inserting affiliate links into it is an attractive source of passive income that doesn’t require much more time and work. Minimal marketing efforts suffice to profit from the benefits of affiliate programs.
Besides, if you promote high-quality products, your followers can treat this special offer as an additional advantage of your channels.
Nevertheless, it’s also worth keeping in mind that you’re solely responsible for arranging sales as an affiliate partner. As a result, you experience the benefit of selling a product without the nuisances connected with delivering ongoing support.
It sounds too good to be true – there must be a catch somewhere
Here’s the truth about affiliate marketing. Firstly, you should avoid occasionally and randomly dropping links. Instead, make affiliate material a natural enhancement of your primary content. Successful affiliates need consistency and creativity to deliver a unison message.
Also, remember that your audience happily looks to a special offer as long as they see it as trustworthy recommendations. So don’t risk losing your authenticity by jamming advertisements in every part of the content. In affiliate marketing, the right proportion is one of the pillars of success.
Am I the right person for such a program?
Suppose you’re thinking of joining an affiliate program. In that case, your primary skill should be reaching out to your audience. Affiliate marketing programs can be an excellent solution for you if you provide entertaining or educational content that meets the interests of a specific target audience.
This content can take many forms, including:
- Blogs and articles,
- Images and infographics,
- Videos and screen captures,
- And more!
More importantly, it doesn’t mean that such programs are reserved only for the most popular influencers. Both a nano (1K–10K followers) and a mega (1M+ followers) influencer can effectively use this type of program. So even a group of several dozen loyal users can be a good starting point to start your adventure with the affiliate program.
Does NapoleonCat have its affiliate program?
Of course! You can get regular payouts of 20% for every sale within your client’s first year for promoting NapoleonCat! Join the NapoleonCat Affiliate Program today and let your audience know about us.
Let’s be partners!
Get regular payouts of 20% for every sale within the client’s first year. Join our Affiliate Program and earn from wherever you are!BECOME A PARTNER
When you encourage them to sign up, you earn 20% of every referred clients’ sale made for their first year.
If you’re still unsure if our Affiliate Program is for you, read more about it on our affiliate site here.
Frequently asked questions about our Affiliate Program
What’s the commission?
We’ll pay you 20% of every sale made by the client you refer for their first year.
How long do commissions last?
You’ll receive the commission for up to 12 months while the client uses NapoleonCat.
How do I get paid?
At the end of each month, your rewards are calculated and available for cash-out via your PartnerStack account.
When do I get paid?
Payments are verified and paid out the month after your commission is earned. For example, any commissions earned in February will be available in March.
You may also like:
- Affiliate Marketing 101: How to Get Paid
- Affiliate Marketing Myths (and the real truth behind them)
- Best Affiliate Marketing Examples to Help You Make Money While Sleeping
- Best Affiliate Programs
- How to Promote Affiliate Links
- 15 Types of Affiliate Marketing Content to Promote Products (tips included)
- Why Do You Need an Affiliate Marketing Funnel, and How to Build One
- 15 Best Affiliate Marketing Tools
- All You Need to Know About TikTok Affiliate Marketing
- How to Plan Your TikTok Affiliate Marketing Strategy Around Black Friday and The Holiday Season
- Affiliate Marketing Taxes: Everything You Need to Know