Simple and powerful Instagram hashtags monitoring
These days hashtags are everywhere. They are much more than just a way to make Instagram posts more entertaining. They became a great way of organizing content across social media. So when you click on a hashtag on Instagram, you will see a list of the latest posts containing that same tag. If used properly, hashtags can be very effective way to track social media marketing activities and campaigns. That’s why marketers should monitor and analyze them. It can sound trivially but all your social media marketing activities should have a purpose. It doesn’t matter whether you want to build brand awareness, promote your new product or drive traffic to your website, you should have a specific objective. By adding hashtags to your Instagram pictures, you can connect certain posts to particular activities: events, promotions, contests etc.
So how to monitor discussions in social media effectively?
Yet, tracking hashtags effectively can be a bit of challenge. Especially that Instagram enables checking the results to only one hashtag at the same time. So what’s the solution? Hashtag monitoring tool. That’s why we’d improved the Engage module in NapoleonCat. It enables you to easily monitor Instagram hashtags and react in a real time (like, comment etc.) to the posts containing them.
How does it work?
1. Log in to your NapoleonCat account (if you still don’t have one – start your free trial now). Just take into account that Instagram hashtags and/or locations monitoring is available within 3 plans: Small Business, E-commerce and Agency one. You should take it into consideration even when you create your free trial account.
2. Then you should add at least one Instagram profile that you manage. To do so, go to the Project settings and add new profile to the managed ones. Add at least one Instagram profile to the managed profiles. Only then you will be able to interact with Instagram users. After adding your managed profile, click on the Engage module (rocket icon) on the left-hand side menu
3. Add at least one Instagram profile to the managed profiles. Only then you will be able to interact with Instagram users. After adding your managed profile, click on the Engage module (rocket icon) on the left-hand side menu. Click the “Settings” button in the top-right corner
4. Click the “Settings” button in the top-right corner
5. A new window will open where you will see the search options.
6. Enter the hashtag (with “#” attached to it) and / or location you want to monitor and click “ACCEPT” button at the bottom. You have 2 options while choosing hashtags and/or locations:Required – you will see posts containing all hashtags and locations,
- Required – you will see posts containing all hashtags and locations,
- Optional – you will get posts containing any of chosen hashtags or locations.
You can check your search settings before start as all required or optional hashtags and locations will be visible at the bottom of search settings box. To start search – just click ACCEPT button.
7. You will see the posts feed on the left
8. Manage your search results using the icons under the post screen: you can follow the Instagram user, like, comment or archive any post from your search results.
Hashtag monitoring can be really helpful for brands and used for many different purposes, i.e. to track contests applications, to track pictures related to any event (let’s imagine you are a big music event organizer and want to monitor all posts related to your event or want to react to all of them), to monitor your promotional hashtags (i.e. brands like H&M organizes sales in different cities and want to monitor posts with their hashtag but only in the locations of promotion), to monitor your competitors’ hashtags and Instagram users engagement, to check the hashtag context etc.
As hashtag monitoring is more and more important to many businesses, we hope we provide them the simple and effective tool to support them. If you want to test this solution, start your free trial now.